Saturday, November 17, 2007

Observation

Why is it we have countless choices when we are at the grocery store, or when we want to buy a pair of jeans, but when it comes to how many choices we get on who will run the country for 4 years we get basically two? How about all the candidates that are running right now to get their parties nomination get to run for president. That could at least be a start.

On anther note:
Before the last election my brother in law was urging me to vote, because he didn't want another 4 years of Bush in office. I told him that my vote wouldn't matter. Since I live in a city that is almost always a Blue city but it happens to be in a typically Red state, it wouldn't have mattered if I voted or not.

When the electoral college was set up people were about their state first and their country second. People had similar thinking state by state.

This is no longer the case. I don't even share the same views as my next door neighbor.

No comments:

 

visit counter