Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Survey Says

So I get a call last night. It's a recorded message that asks questions. Without even asking if I was a registered voter it started asking me about my thoughts on candidates. I was prompted to press #1 for one answer and #2 for the other answer. When I reached the question that I pressed #3 (I didn't support either parties candidate) it quickly said goodbye and hung up on me.

So when you read all the numbers from surveys in the paper and hear about them on the news, how can you believe anything they say? If you give people limit choices of answers you can sway your data anyway you like.

2 comments:

gettyup said...

rock the vote

StlWalnut said...

How hard would it be to add an "Other" option? I guess that would make the statisticians job much more involved...it would add another level of how do you dispel the "lesser of two evils" voter.

 

visit counter