Sunday, February 17, 2008

Why So Many Rules

I have never claimed to know a lot about the political system. Why would I? It's complicated and confusing as hell. I think that's why most people stick their head in the sand and want to think their vote matters. The latest thing that has me annoyed is the Democratic term, "super delegate". I hear it being thrown around a lot.

They say it's a form of checks and balances so the wrong person for the party doesn't get elected. What it seems like to me is yet again a group of people who get to have more power and that their vote and opinion matters more than everyone else's.

Take Missouri for example, the votes of the people had Obama win. But right now the super delegates are divided 4-4 with 6 undecided and 2 more not yet chosen. And these people don't have to follow what the population wants. They can do whatever they like.

So why are so many voters fine with not truly having their voice heard? Why bother to go out of your way to vote when in the end it doesn't count for shit.

No comments:

 

visit counter